Wednesday, March 25, 2015
Nominations for the 2015 Benny Awards will open on Monday March 30th. Information and links to the nomination form will be released at Monday morning at 10am and will continue until the end of the nomination period which will end on Monday April 20th. For 2015, the Black Business Association of Memphis is looking for outstanding service and retail businesses, corporations and business professionals who have reached new heights, provided exemplary service, business opportunities, or leadership to further the vision of minority entrepreneurship, empowerment, business development or community service. Categories include:
1. Outstanding Woman-Owned Business Award recognizes a woman-owned business that has demonstrated outstanding profitability, employee growth, use of technology, professional leadership, customer service, and community involvement.
2. Outstanding Professional Service Award recognizes a professional service business (e.g., attorneys, consultants, healthcare professionals, insurance agents, realtors, etc.) for outstanding achievement in profitability, growth, leadership and professional development, customer service, and community involvement.
3. Outstanding Service Provider Award recognizes a business in a service industry for outstanding profitability, employee and customer growth, use of technology, professional leadership, customer service, and community involvement.
4. Outstanding Business Professional Award honors an individual who has demonstrated a commitment to excellence and outstanding professional achievements and personal standards and who serves as a role model for others.
5. Outstanding Business of the Year Award recognizes a retail or service business for overall excellence and outstanding achievements in all aspects of business.
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Small Business Administration. They will be speaking on the topic of “the SBA Loan Process”. It will take place this Thursday, March 19th at the Renaissance Business Center located at 555 Beale Street from 11:30am until 1pm. Lunch will be provided and admission is FREE! The BBA Lunch & Learns are a great networking opportunity. Grab plenty of business cards and make plans to join us! RSVP by calling (901) 526-9300.
Among the Benny Award nominees, BBA will also honor Mr. Clifford Stockton, Senior Advisor, Logistics & Public Policy with the Greater Memphis Chamber of Commerce where he has served for over 44 years. Tickets are on sale now! Call us today at (901) 526-9300!
Join More Memphis for the BOOM Booster Workshop for the month of April. The topic is Traditional vs. Non-Traditional Marketing Strategies and Techniques for your Business. Learn the difference between traditional and non-traditional marketing and learn how you can monopolize on both techniques for marketing your business. Wednesday, April 8, 2015 from 10:00am- noon at the Ridgeway Business Center located at 5865 Ridgeway Center Pkwy Suite 300. Get more information HERE!